Another blast of Dalahäst
As you know, Dalahäst is one of my favourite motifs and finally I made a little handy bag to match my Dalahäst skirt. Yes, I like matchy-matchy things and I am not ashamed of it ;)
The pattern for the bag comes from PDF Sewing Patterns. I used it in the past but in felt. This time I used Washpapa (washable paper) and it was more challenging, but the final effect is satisfying.
To make this bag, I matched bottle green Washpapa that is available in their shop and custom-dyed blood orange Washpapa that I managed to achieve myself. In the photos, it looks almost red, but it is rich orange colour.
I kept the edges of the bag pom-pom free this time because one of the purposes of making this bag was to share my way of sewing Washpapa on the curve. You can find my post in the Washpapa Support Group on Facebook - the place where we share our experience in sewing Washpapa washable craft paper. The main language used in the group is Polish, but if you post in English, you will receive a reply too, so feel free to join.
The original Dala horse doesn't have a pony-tail, but I think that the tassel looks like one and adds an interesting detail to this quite plain but cute bag.