Rainbow Pompom Bag (version II)
A lot of you probably have seen a bag like this one before on these pages. But you'll also know that design is very often a trial and error process and, after finishing a project, we start to think of ways we could have done something differently. Very often, though, there is no opportunity or time to do that, to improve our ideas and designs.
This time, I got the chance to fix some small flaws very quickly because one lovely person commissioned the Rainbow Pompom Bag a few weeks ago.
I didn't change a lot, so you will not see a big difference, but I found a much neater way for this kind of surface decoration project.
I made this bag a few weeks ago now, but it was only recently I managed to take photos before sending it to its new owner. The processing time was longer than normal because I wanted to make savings over the postage fee to Poland. Of course, I am all buzzing now to be able to send this beautiful bag. I know it will be admired, appreciated and loved.
I enjoyed greatly applying the endless amount of trimmings. Well, maybe not endless, but it was quite a lot. I also found a better way of stabilising it on the surface before the actual top-stitching. I don't want to scare anyone, but a glue gun can really be a good solution if you don't want any accidental stains and the drying time can't be beaten.
Of course, like every bag, this one too has a lining. I chose this beautiful printed cotton. The lining is always as important to me as the outside design.
On this photo, you can see Washpapa Paloma. Standard black Washpapa is laminated with a foil pattern that looks almost like little hairs. I think this print is not on regular sale, so it makes this bag even more unique and one of a kind.
You might have noticed that I changed the type of handles. I just decided that they compliment better the whole design of the bag.
So yes, all ready to be picked up by the courier this week. So exciting!